Last Updated: November 18, 2022
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at LQwD FinTech Corp. (“LQwD”, “Company“, “we“, “us“, “our“). We are committed to protecting the privacy of our user’s (each, “User”, “you”, “your”) personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you register on the Site, when you express an interest in obtaining information about us or our Site, when you participate in activities on the Site, or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Site. We may collect account information including without limitation email addresses and passwords, for the use of the Site. We may collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases. All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes. We may also collect data automatically.
The type of data we may collect include:
We may collect technical data such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser, or device characteristics automatically when you use the Site. This information is necessary to maintain the security and operation of our Site, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes. We also may collect information via cookies or similar technologies.
Log & Usage Data
We may collect log and usage data, which includes without limitation service-related, diagnostic usage and performance information our servers automatically collect when you access or use our Site. This log data may include without limitation data like your IP address, device information, browser type and settings and information about your activity in the Site.
We may collect device data regarding the device you use to access the Site. This device data may include without limitation device type, IP address, location, browser type, or hardware model.
We may collect information data, such as information about your device’s location depending on the settings of the device you use to access the Site. You can opt out of allowing us to collect this information either by refusing access to the information or by disabling certain settings on your device. Note if you choose to opt out, you may not be able to use certain aspects of the Site.
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, or your consent. We use personal information collected via our Website for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and login process. If you link your account to a third-party account, we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties in account creation and login process for the performance of the contract.
- To request feedback.
- To enable user-to-user communications, with each user’s consent.
- To manage user accounts, for the purposes of managing and delivering your account.
- To send administrative information to you, including without limitation new feature information or information about changes to our Terms of Service.
- To protect our Site and Company. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure (for example, fraud monitoring and prevention). We may also use your information to enforce our Terms of Service, conditions and policies, to comply with contractual legal and regulatory obligations.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. We may inspect relevant data.
- To fulfill and manage your purchases, subscriptions or orders.
- To administer prize draws and competitions, upon your election to participate.
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of requested services to the user.
- To respond to user inquiries and offer support to users.
- To send you marketing, promotional communications, and tailored advertising. We, or our third-party marketing partners, may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if in accordance with your marketing preferences. You may opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To deliver targeted advertising to you. We (with or without the work of third parties) may also use your information to develop and display personalized content and advertising tailored to your interests or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- To perform other businesses such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Site, services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on any of the following legal bases:
- Consent – We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Business Interest – We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance Contract – We may process your data to fulfill the terms of any contract between you and LQwD.
- Legal Obligation – We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interest – We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, potential threats to the safety of any person, illegal activities, or evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business Transfer – We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates – We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will require those affiliates to honor this privacy notice. Affiliates include the parent company or any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we control or that are under common control with us.
- Business Partners – We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on parts of the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, device type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
You can set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, you could affect certain features or services of our Site.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in our emails or by contacting us using the details provided below. We may still communicate with you, for reasons including without limitation sending service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may contact us using the contact information provided.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of any personal information we process. Despite our safeguards and efforts to secure your information, no electronic transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot promise or guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not be able to bypass our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
7. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Site, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Site. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at [email protected].
8. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You can exercise your privacy rights digitally through:
- Cookies and similar technologies – Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services on our Site. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Site or services, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Opting out of email marketing – You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Access your account settings and update your preferences.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Alternatively, if you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Access your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account and information from our active databases. We may retain some information to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our Terms of Service, or comply with applicable legal requirements.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the rights (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; or (iv) to data portability. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request according to applicable laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
9. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
10. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
If you are a California resident, you have specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California resident users to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you qualify and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include your account’s email address and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
If you have questions or comments about this notice,
you may email us at: [email protected]
or by postage mail to:
LQwD FinTech Corp.
1050 West Pender Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
V6E 3S7 Canada